The panel of judges for our EmpowerWISM Pitch 2022 was carefully selected to ensure we had a mix of highly established and diverse experts within the international transportation industry. The skillsets and experience each panelist brings to the table is totally unique with backgrounds in both the public and private sectors. A goal of ours was to enlist the expertise of women and men who have been involved with other female-orientated programs, promoting equality and inclusivity, particularly within the mobility arena.
Keep reading to find out the industry experts that will be the judges for our Empower Women in Shared Mobility Pitch Award!
EmpowerWISM Pitch 2022 : Meet The Judges
Our judges include, Stephanie Medeiros, Global E-Mobility Executive at ABB, Jessica Alba, Transportation Planning, Policy & Strategy at Stanford University, Sandra Phillips, Shared Mobility Architect, Founder and CEO, movmi, Arnd Bätzner, Transit Strategist, Inclusive Urban Policies, Orlie Sol (Dahan) Gruper, Mobility Entrepreneur and Founder of Women in Mobility, Sergio Avelleda, Insper and Coordinator of the Urban Mobility Laboratory at University of Insper and founder of Urucuia.
The intake form has a set of 5 questions that allow you to showcase your vision, product/service and business. The judges will then assess each application based on the following categories: vision, leadership and innovation. We have built out a subset of questions that we’ll use to guide our evaluation;
- Does the venture have at least one female co-founder or executive?
- How well is the vision articulated?
- Is the vision aligned to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals?
- Does the solution support efforts around transportation equity?
- How well demonstrated is your market know-how?
- What are the unique strengths of your team?
- What’s your growth strategy?
- Is the solution super specific to one city/community or has potential to scale?
- What’s unique about your product/service?
- Is ‘technology’ one of your innovation pillars?
- What need does your product/service solve in the transportation value chain?
What Will You Win?
We created the Empower Women in Shared Mobility Pitch to address the lack of female founded and led companies within our sector. As you may already know, we will be showcasing 3 companies and the winning company will receive a 12 month mentoring package, access to the EmpowerWisM network and will be invited to different opportunities to showcase their work. Here is was is on offer for the winner, the finalists and everyone who applies:
Stay tuned for more prizes to be announced over the next few days!
The application is short and includes five questions plus a one minute elevator video pitch. A global panel of judges will evaluate the entries, select the top 5 for a 15 minute virtual interview and will award one winner.
The 5 questions you must answer as part of the intake form will be:
- Describe your venture (word limit: 200)
- Describe your venture’s vision and how you plan to achieve this vision (word limit: 250)
- What’s your current revenue model? (short answer)
- What are your top 3 challenges? (word limit: 300)
- How would winning the Empower WiSM program support your vision and venture? (word limit: 300)
Apply for the Empower Women in Shared Mobility Pitch, 2022 here
Applications can be submitted between November 2nd 2021 and December 17th, 2021. The judges will evaluate and judge the entries between December 17th and mid January. At that time, we will announce the top 5 finalist who will then be contacted for a 15 minute presentation. The top 3 companies will get a chance to showcase their solution during the award ceremony at the end of January 2022. Which is also when the winning company will be announced.
Empower Women in Shared Mobility Pitch 2022 Partners
If you have any questions about the ‘Empower Women in Shared Mobility’ program or want to be involved, get in touch with us here. Please feel free to share this article with your network and potential candidates.