As we continue into our second year of interviewing women in shared mobility to gain insights on various aspects on the ever-evolving industry, we have begun to focus on more specific topics of popular interest. Since the end of last year, we have managed to interview 18 women working in shared mobility on the topics of autonomous vehicles, policy, and mobility as a service (MaaS).
Do you know a woman in the shared mobility space who would be a great candidate for our Women in Shared Mobility series? We are still accepting nominations! Get in touch with us here with your recommendation.
Women in Shared Mobility, movmi Interview Series
insights about Autonomous vehicles
Autonomous vehicles are now roaming the streets in beta (with a human technician monitoring the rides in case anything goes wrong), but there are still a lot of questions to be answered. The questions we asked our AV interviewees were:
- How will AVs be introduced into our current transportation offerings?
- What is the biggest impact of AVs on mobility and our society?
- What is the biggest hurdle for AV adoption and how do we overcome it?
Insights about policy
Of course, no innovations in shared mobility or autonomous technologies are able to make advancements in our cities and communities without the proper policies to guide them. The questions we asked our interviewees about policy included:
- What policies do we need in order to make shared mobility solutions more successful?
- How do we foster safe innovation through policy, especially when autonomous vehicles are introduced to our cities?
- What policy change would you like to see to create a more inclusive mobility solution in your city, inclusive in the sense of social equity?
maas interview questions:
Another hot topic that we have a lot of questions about is MaaS, mobility as a service, and how it will change and transform in the near future. The questions we asked about MaaS were:
- What is the biggest benefit of MaaS?
- What is the biggest challenge for MaaS adoption and introduction?
- How will MaaS change when AVs are introduced?
Interested in reading more on each of the WiSM series interviews? See all of the Women in Shared Mobility articles and videos here.
We look forward to continuing this series for the rest of 2018 and into 2019! Do you know a woman working in shared mobility who would make a great candidate for the series? Nominate them here!