Did you know that less than 22% of the transportation workforce is female? And of those less than 3% are in a CEO position?
This means that our transportation system has an inherent design bias. This is why we are looking for female entrepreneurs that tackle tomorrow’s transportation problem. If you are a young company (<5 years) that is majority female (cis or trans women, non-binary, gender-fluid or gender non-conforming people) owned or controlled and offers a product or service that falls under the shared mobility industry, please apply for the 2021 Empower Women in Shared Mobility Program.
We will be showcasing 3 companies and the winning company will receive a 12 month mentoring package, access to the entire EmpowerWisM network (partners, judges and movmi) and will be invited to different opportunities to showcase their work!
Keep reading to find out more or apply here.
If you want to learn more about the women in shared mobility who inspired this initiative, check out our WiSM interview series, hosted by our CEO Sandra Phillips here.
EMPOWER WOMEN IN SHARED MOBILITY, 2021
Who are we?
“Empower Women in Shared Mobility” is a collaboration between movmi, ITS America, ABB, GoWithFlow, the Ray and our official media partner Intelligent Mobility Experience (part of the German Vogel Group) as well as a panel of female expert judges from all around the globe.
What is the Empower women in Shared Mobility Program about?
movmi has been hosting the Women in Shared Mobility interview series for the past 5 years to amplify the voices of female industry leaders that work in transportation and specifically within shared mobility. Over 100 women have shared their views and expert knowledge with our audience to inspire the younger generation in transportation. The Empower Women in Shared Mobility program is taking this effort one step further: the idea is to promote one female led mobility venture for 12 months to encourage success, in as many ways as we possibly can.
The selected company will receive:
- a 12 month mentoring package with movmi
- access to the partnership and judges network to grow their business
- PR opportunities throughout the year to showcase their work
The program is free and intake is open from now until December 15th, 2020.
How are companies evaluated and selected?
To qualify for the program a company must:
- Provide a product, service or technology for personal mobility/transportation (can be in shared mobility but doesn’t have to be)
- at minimum 1 female Co-Founder and C-level executive(cis or trans women, non-binary, gender-fluid or gender non-conforming people). Additional points are given for more female representation.
- Be less than 5 years old
The application is short and includes 5 questions and a 1- minute long elevator video pitch. A global panel of judges will evaluate the entries, select the top 5 and award the winner.
The 5 questions you must answer as part of you intake form will be:
- Describe your venture (word limit: 200)
- Describe your venture’s vision and how you plan to achieve this vision (word limit: 250)
- What’s your current revenue model? (short answer)
- What are your top 3 challenges? (word limit: 300)
- How would winning the Empower WiSM program support your vision and venture? (word limit: 300)
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
what’s the timeline for the program?
Application can be submitted between October 30th, 2020 and December 15th, 2021. We will announce the name of the judges mid November 2020 and they will evaluate and judge the entries between December 15th and mid January. At that time, we will announce the top 5 who will then be contacted for a 15 minute presentation. The top 3 companies will get a chance to showcase their solution during the award ceremony on January 28th, 2021. Which is also when the winning company will be announced.
If you have any questions about the ‘Empower Women in Shared Mobility’ program or want to be involved, get in touch with us here. Please feel free to share this article with your network and potential candidates.